This blog thing is turning into a journal. I might as well just throw out paper for good.

I went to the funeral last night. I won't bore you with details except I have never heard the song "Army of Helaman" sung in such a melancholy way. The youth, which took up over half of the seats in the chapel and the cultural hall, got up and sang that song for the opening hymn. I saw many of my good friends with shiny eyes and quivering lips, trying to hold it all in. Singing with them went on my list as one of the hardest things I've done.

After the funeral, some kids in my ward went to the pool. One of them is a manager so he got the whole pool just for his friends. It's been so long since I've been to the pool, I forgot how much I love swimming and jumping and splashing and playing and sliding. It helped me forget about all the things that have been bothering me lately.

Highlight of the night: Playing water basketball with the guys. Not to brag or anything, but I totally dominated. Blocked shots. Made shots. It was fun. We even made plays. (Be proud Coach T.) I played with the boys and beat them. And then I gloated. And now I won't let any of them live it down. I can't help it if I'm so awesome that I can beat them. (ha-ha) Needless to say it was a blast and a half.

Song of the day. -- Kind of a cheesy version but you get the idea.

2 comments:

L said...

Pools are so much fun - especially with a bunch of friends... I'm glad it was a blast!

ElleDee said...

hmm well is it possible to have a blast and a third.
or a blast and a one hundredth??
i'm just so curious

Copyright @ Megan | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger | Distributed by Deluxe Templates