Hmmm

I think I've been avoiding my blog lately. This week kind of went crazy on me.

A boy who went to my high school took his own life on Wednesday. Heartbreaking. I didn't know him very well. But I did know him. I can't help but wonder the "What ifs". What if I could have done something to help him? But I wouldn't have known to reach out to him because he seemed like one of the happiest kids I knew. He was the one bringing comic relief to the crowd. Always had a smile on his face. I stole his ring pop at a football game. He chased me down and stole it back. We then proceeded to cheer our classmates to a victory.

Things like this make me think. Carpe Diem, right? He died at 17. It makes me think how fragile life is. I'll remember him.

On a brighter note, I got two awesome books this week. One of them will be a coffee table book when I move out. Just call me a hippie. Because I am. "All you need is love." It's very awesome. It's... gooeyooeyastic! (I make up words sometimes. Deal with it.) The other, well, lets just say I think this guy is becoming one of my idols.

I'm thinking that the guys who sang to me on my run this morning are calming. Knocked some sense and reason into me. It just gave me a good start for the day. I'm looking up. Still slightly melancholy, pondering. But good.


Song of the day
. --Awesome, right? It fits me today.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Matt told me about that. Sad stuff. He told me some of what was going on and I was wishing school had been in session so that maybe I could have known him and maybe helped him. The what-ifs are good if they help us be better at living life while we are living.

L said...

I'm so sorry to hear about that boy... that is so sad.

On a lighter note, I LOVE the Beatles, and I heard that the other book is really good - let me know how you like it...

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm sorry Megan. I went through the suicides of two friends when I was 17 as well. It was a very dark time in my life. I hope you come through it quicker than I did.

Copyright @ Megan | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger | Distributed by Deluxe Templates