Day Five: My lucky day.

We wanted to go to the National Music Museum yesterday, but it had closed. So we stopped for the night and went this morning.

Buildings like this intimidate me.

They had headphones and a hand-held player so you could hear what the different instruments sound like in every gallery of the museum. It was beautiful. And fantastic.

Absolutely gorgeous.

Looking at those pianos, my fingers itched to touch. I wanted to sit and let my fingers dance along, playing some unknown melody. I bit my lip instead.

I wanted to hug it and smell it and play it. Simultaneously.

This was awesome. The colors, the patterns, the turns.

Doo-doo-DOO! Doo-da-doo.

And this. Well. This just made my Friday the 13th.

All you need is love.

Then we were driving, and billboards taunted us every couple of miles. Clever. Using phrases like, "Prepare to be a-maiz-ed!" and "You're almost ear!". We couldn't resist. We just couldn't!

Corn. Corn corn corn.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the world's only corn palace. All those pictures are made out of CORN.

CORN.IS.EVERYWHERE.

Did I mention corn? No? Huh. Well, CORN.

Naturally, we followed them.

They led to this.

If I knew anything about photoshop, my sister's heads would be in the two empty holes.

And a store at which I bought the coolest ring ever. And earrings. Awesome.

What a charmer. His name is Zack.

Somewhere between the Corn Palace and where we've stopped for the night, I was thinking about this trip. I wondered why I was enjoying this so much. I mean, most people wouldn't be too thrilled about driving across the country with their mom. Especially at my age. So what's so special about this? I was racking my brain for a reason why this is so fulfilling. So inspiring. So meaningful. I came to a few conclusions.

Firstly, Mom and I are connected on this super-natural-mind-reading level. This has made this trip highly enjoyable. We want the same things out of it. Spontaneity. Adventure. Experience.

I want to travel. See the world. This shouldn't be news to any of you. But as I was reading this book, I realized that before I can try to experience other countries and their cultures, I need to experience my own. I grew a desire to see this country. And here I am. Seeing it. Experiencing it. This is so awesome for me because it's the beginning. This is where it all starts. And I am inspired. And bursting with excitement.

Beautiful country.

Song of the day.


P.S. I got invited to this today. Do you hear that? ... Sounds like a woot train. ... WOOT WOOT! =)

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Lucky you, touring the country AND Stadium of Fire.

I love your purse. I am going to have to come raid your's and your mom's purse collections.

Me, Myself, and I said...

You crack me up, with the w00t w00t! :) I hope you don't mind all of us enjoying your whirlwind tour vicariously. It's not like anyone's "stalk"ing you. (I will now laugh at my own "joke".)

Megan said...

Sandra - Target. It's new. So I'm not ready to part with it yet.

Rachel - Mind? MIND?! I love when people read my blog. And comment. And all that. And it took me a little bit longer than usual to get that "stalk" joke. But I laughed. For minutes.

Anonymous said...

i've been to two target stores and can't find that purse of yours....
between me and sandra you better keep your eye on it or it could end up mysteriously "missing".
where is the picture of your cool ring and earrning? glad you are having a wonderful time on your road trip. thanks for blogging it for us to enjoy :)

Copyright @ Megan | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger | Distributed by Deluxe Templates