Day One: It smells like morning. (Now with pictures.)

I think the one and only good reason for waking up at the unholy hour of FOUR! A!M! is the sunrise. As we were driving to the airport, the smallest hint of yellow was peering through the lowest valley of the mountain, making me want more. I thought, If I could just jump high enough to peek over the mountain, I would see that huge ball of fire. I imagined that if I stood at the highest peak, I could look down the other side of the mountain and jump. Land on the sun. Ride it up into full daytime. Big, yellow, bouncy ball.

GandG picked us up at the airport and drove us home. Gma told me all about her station and horses and fields and ponds as we drove by them. You see, other people take care of them and she just enjoys them as she drives by. She doesn't have to own them. As long as she gets to enjoy them, they're hers. Of course.

We toured their new house, which is beautiful. Kim came over for a bit to visit. So did Carolyn. Then we toured Carolyn's new house (which is just down the street). Carolyn is so awesome. She has forever mirrors, and a Garfield blanket, and a hoo-la-hoop that goes behind her couch. I imagine she breaks it out rainy days to beat her latest record. Who knows.

These are along the sidewalk leading up to Carolyn's front door.

I love them.

They make me think, "Okay, I think I will."

For some reason when we went to bed, I couldn't sleep. Then there was lightning. No rain. No thunder. Just lightning. I asked Cha Cha if it was possible. They said that supposedly it is, although lightning is formed by water droplets rubbing together so there would have to be humidity and clouds. Makes sense to me. I mean, I feel like I'm drowning every time I step outside. Rad. I pondered for some time on how cool it was. Then the rain and thunder came to sing me to sleep.

Song of the day.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I never knew lightning was made by raindrops rubbng together!

You should see the lighting storms we have in southern New Mexico. They are spectacular and go on for hours. Sometimes I miss them, but then remember that they can also be pretty scary in that dry, dry terrain

Dapoppins said...

I should comment on your post, but I am too busy oohing and ahhing over your blog design!

Anonymous said...

i miss alot of things about kentucky... family, friends, green green grass, open meadows with horses grazing... but i DO NOT miss the humidity. i never realized how bad it was until i moved to utah and went back for a visit... it is soooooooooooooo bad... i am like you.. i step out of the shower and with in 3 minutes i need another shower

Copyright @ Megan | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger | Distributed by Deluxe Templates