An apology, a loving family, a cosmotologist, her brother, a ramble, a victory, a question, oh, and one more apology

So, I've been home since Sunday. Sorry if any of you worried about my not blogging. You probably sat there wondering if I died in a freak car accident just moments after I crossed the state line. You probably shed a tear or two. Probably. I apologize. I'm alive. To make up for causing you so much grief, I'll ramble on a lot in this post. Mostly because I feel like it. But is that really making up for anything? No. It probably makes it worse. In that case, feel free to ignore this post.

First things first, I'm so glad I got home in time to go to the Father's day BBQ. I love my family. I missed you all so much. So much. I thoroughly enjoy your company. Sometimes I look around at all of you and think, "Wow. I am so lucky. I can't believe I got THEM." Really. I couldn't ever want anything different about my family. Love. Much of it.

I had a hair appointment today. That girl is awesome. She makes hair look so easy. Also, she still (still!) thinks I'm going to marry her brother. Who is on a mission. Who I have never met. And I probably won't. Sorry. I bet he'll come home and I'll be in a non-dating phase. Like now. Because I feel one of those coming on. No more silly boys. I just want to read or something instead.

Anyways, I'll be in this anti-boy mood. Then a few months later, (like say... January 2010?) I'll magically come out of it. And by magic I mean that one person will come home. I'll catch up with my best friend. And run through fields of daisies. And find rainbows. And chase clouds. And eat ice cream. And float around, hanging from a bouquet of balloons.

And of course somewhere in my future lies twelve kids and a perfect garden that everyone wants to... ruin. Because it's so perfect. Too perfect. Same with my house. (Because it will be neat and tidy always.) And my twelve kids. (And by twelve you meant six, right?) And me. And my husband. All perfect. Because me? Yeah, I'm so perfect. Always.

Do you remember when I predicted that the Celtics would be NBA champions? I think I may have mentioned it in passing. Well they won. I have a sixth sense. Sometimes I just know things.

So my question of the day is this. Am I still so perfect when I take gloating to my friend, a Laker's fan, about Boston's victory too far?

Didn't think so. Sorry.

5 comments:

Karlene said...

So you'll be running through fields of daisies, finding rainbows, chasing clouds, eating ice cream — IN JANUARY?!?

And gloating is only a minor sin. Gloat all you want.

Sandra said...

Well, if you do the running through fields of daisies in January in the southern hemisphere there won't be that whole frost bite thing.

Anonymous said...

OMG kenna and i were im'ing yesterday and i totally predicted you would have '12' kids!!!! lololol i have to tell her!

Megan said...

I know. She told me.

Me, Myself, and I said...

Just make sure to wear your winter coat. Glad you had a great time!

Copyright @ Megan | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger | Distributed by Deluxe Templates