Day Three: My wildest dreams come true.

We left Lexington at a decent hour. Began driving to Louisville while listening to our theme song (among others). Soaking in music, sunshine, and nature. Also enjoying this yummy smelling creature.
Given to us from one of our sponsors.

So, we were driving along. Enjoying the ride. Loving life. We got about halfway through Indiana and spotted a special sign. A very special sign. We exited the freeway. Then, there was another sign.

Try to imagine my excitement. Just try.

Yes, folks, you've got it right. That IS the name of the town. Just you wait. It gets better. We saw ANOTHER sign indicating wondrous adventures. Naturally, we followed it. To this.

A CASTLE?! He has a CASTLE?! Wait, wait wait. A CANDY CASTLE?!

In case you can't read that sign, it says, "Santa's Candy Castle". We bounced. We bounced and bounced and bounced. And then we went inside! And it was fantastic! Words can't describe it.

We signed our names in the book.

That's my name. Right... there! See it? My mom's is right below it.

I wrote him a letter.

I was overcome with joy. Hence the hearts.

And mailed it.

My excitement and joy=incomprehensible.

Gave him a hug.

Probably the coolest thing I've ever done. Probably.

And got a delicious treat!

Frozen hot chocolate. Yum.

This went on my life list of things to do, was accomplished, and crossed off the list. All in a matter of minutes.

We then drove on with a high from our little adventure pulsing through our veins. We sang loud, danced much, and giggled the whole way back to the freeway. After a few hours we stopped at a Walmart and met one of the coolest guys ever. Just made me laugh. And now we are dead. D.E.A.D. DEAD.

To be continued...

5 comments:

Erika said...

I had no idea there was a Santa Claus town. How cool is that?!

Sandra said...

Christmas is my favorite time of the year. I would have been so giddy to be there that you would have had to drag me out of there.

Anonymous said...

i would love to go to santa claus, Indiana... i never knew it was there.. i have heard of a santa claus land i think it is in tennessee..you and karlene seem to be having a fun time on your road trip...i am totally jealous..have fun :)

Anonymous said...

i need that butterfly tassle!!!!! i wanna meet santa claus

Dapoppins said...

Wow. You look like your having such a great time! Sunshine, fun places! Time with your Mom. I hope I can do this with my daughter someday, but she is only four now.

Thank You for your kind words and stopping by my blog. The Mad Hatter is a little strange, but there is something about all those wonderful characters at the tea party that delight me too! And if the Hatter would let me wear his hat...all the better!

Copyright @ Megan | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger | Distributed by Deluxe Templates