Fun fun FUN in the SUN

At first she was against the idea. Because she was tired and feeling lazy. She just wanted to drive there. Pff... How square is that? Cool kids don't go with the norm. I explained how much fun it would be. The wind in our hair, the sunshine, the laughter, not to mention saving on gas. And by some sort of miracle... she agreed to it.

Take a moment and try to imagine my excitement... You can't. Sorry.

We quickly changed our clothes and threw sunglasses, a towel, and tanning lotion into two light backpacks. We dug up a pair of bikes and then we rode them to the public pool. I felt like I was in this movie. When they put a radio in the handlebar basket and sing as they ride.

We hooked my iPod up to speakers and hung them outside of her backpack. We snickered and sang. All the while, wondering how we came to be so fabulous. It was an adventure to say the least.

I love this picture. I love it. I love it. I love it. Not sure why.

At one point one of us said, "I love how we're graduated so we can do things like this and it makes us cool. Not lame." I know, Right?!

I wasn't aware she was taking this picture. Not bad.

Later, I rode over to her house. She sent me a text when I got there.

L: Come in through my window.
M: What?
L: Come in through my window.
M: Okay.


Didn't see a single bug. Phew!

And then! Then we went to a friends house. And played shuffle board. I kid you not, my friends. Shuffle Board. It was fantastic. My team lost. Miserably.

After, we went to a BIRTHDAY PARTY! "We're going to a party. It's a birthday party. It's your birthday party. Happy birthday, Darling. We love you very, very, very, very, very, very, very much." (Did I not tell you that my brain is a jukebox? Oh. Well, it is.)

We ate yummy cake and ice cream. And played scum. One girl was President the entire time. Except the very.last.round. When I dethrowned her. (Yes, I know that's not a word.) But Ha!

And there you have it. My very adventurous, summer day. There are many many more to come...

3 comments:

Karlene said...

Fun! I love how you're a girl and you love life. :) (But that was one really weird song.)

Anonymous said...

can't wait to hear about all your summer adventure days to come... i love reading your blog.. thanks for sharing :)

Karlene said...

Tagged you for a meme on my blog.

Copyright @ Megan | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger | Distributed by Deluxe Templates