To my family...

I love you. I was sitting and just thinking today and I felt the need to let you know how much. A few weeks ago, I tried to put into words how lucky I feel to have MY family. I also wrote, a while before, that we see ourselves differently than other people see us. Well, this is how I see you, Family, whether you care to read this or not.

Mom, you are such a support to me. I love how no matter what, you are behind me, backing me up 100%. I love our conversations. They range from silly things that make us giggle for days to deep, thought-provoking insights and and life principles. Always uplifting. You are so strong in my eyes. A hero. You're my Buffy.

Dad, sometimes you get this look on your face and the only way I know how to describe it is complete joy. I love it. Your face just lights up. Smiles come so naturally for you. I love how we both get a kick out of the little things in life. I love that I inherited your passion for music along with many other things.

Mom (2), I love that I almost refuse to call you my stepmom. (In fact, the only time I use the word "step" is when I have to explain to people the intricate details of who's technically related to who in my family.) I love how we both seem to enjoy the sun more than most things on this planet. I aspire to have your ability to "throw something together" and have it taste as splendidly as Thanksgiving dinner.

Jim, I love your silly sense of humor. Sometimes, Mom and I pretend it gets on our nerves but we secretly love it. I don't think you give yourself enough credit. You work harder than anyone I know. I don't say thank you enough. Thank you. Oh, and thanks again for killing that spider that tried to eat me the other day. It was looking pretty grim before you showed up.

Kenna, I think you know this already, but I look up to you in so many ways. To name a few: your ability to make something beautiful out of a blank Photoshop document, your pictures, your coolness factor in the Mommy department, your sense of humor, your way with words. I love that we're friends.

Steve, I truly enjoy being your little sister that you never really got. I love how excited you get about a game, or a treat, or a movie, or just anything fun. I love how you love my sister.

Carter, I love how easily you laugh. I love how you've always had a gut-busting laugh. I love how you say RAWR. I love how proud you are of yourself for being able to walk now. I'm just as proud. I'm so excited for jumbled noises turn into words and full sentences.

Chris, I love how thoughtful you are. You're just so sweet. I'm so excited for the new additions to our family that we get through you. So so excited.

Austin, I love your little sayings. They usually don't make much sense but I love them. I love how when I hug you, my head fits perfectly just under your shoulder. I love when you pick me up and everything on the ground is so far away that it makes my tummy hurt but then you just make me laugh. And then I don't want to go down, even though it makes me nervous to be so high. I miss you, Austie B.

Mel, I love your bluntness. If something is on your mind, you'll pretty much just say it. I miss when we would go on random crazy adventures, like changing the words on a sign, or doing jumping jacks in our closet. I even miss when you would throw beef jerky at me because I wouldn't turn out the light. But I love you now even more. I love how awesome you are as a Mother. I look up to you and Ken a lot in that department. It makes me excited to have kids of my own someday. I love how we can still talk about whatever all the time.

Rayder, I love getting to watch you every week. We have so much fun. I love when you see food, you realize how hungry you are and reach out your chubby fists to grab the spoon. I love that your favorite toy is a plastic hanger. I love your smile.

Elle, I love how we both think the really silly things are the funniest. And how we can laugh about the same thing over and over again. I love that you look to me for help when you need it. Remember I'm always here for you; I'll always try my best to be a good big sister. You are so talented!

To Cousins, Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents (whether you read this or not), I love you. I look up to you all. I see your strength, compassion, patience, understanding, love, humility, service, and sense of adventure and I look up to you too.

Family, You are shiny stars to me. I aspire to be more like you. I learn more about myself everyday. I'm at a stage in my life when I need to figure out who I am and who I want to become. As I look at you, Family, I want to take all the things I love about each of you and become all those things. I'm so lucky I got you. I'm. So. Lucky. No one could fill the void if any one of you weren't here in my life.

Sorry for filling this blog with so much cheese. I just want you all to know how much I love and appreciate you.

5 comments:

Karlene said...

I love how you love life. I love how you light up a room by walking into it. I love your joy and your enthusiasm. You have blessed my life more than I have words to say. I'm so grateful God sent you to me. Love you.

McKenna Gordon said...

You make me cry.

I love how shiny you are. You really do light up a room, and not only because you're so gorgeous. I love how carefree you are, and laid back. I love that you have always known who you are and haven't cared what others think. I love how you love to do things just because most people don't do those things... just to stand out and be different. I love what a wonderful auntie you are. I love how fast you can text. I hate how fast you can text.

Erika said...

I miss you guys so much.

ElleDee said...

Megan,
no freakin joke here ok???
as soon as you started to talk about anyone..
i got a little teary.
then when i scrolled down further, tears started to come, then even further i let a few slip and the even FURTHER i let a few more slip from my eyes. then when i got to the very bottom, the end. i started to bawl. i love this family and i'm so glad that you and everybody else that you mentioned is in my family.
and now.. i'm trying to think of ways to stop crying.
hmm i'll think of really really really really really happy things...
DING
the first thing that popped into my head.
Megan.

McKenna Gordon said...

(I'm LOLing at Elle's comment.)

Copyright @ Megan | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger | Distributed by Deluxe Templates