Peek into my brain

This weekend and today...

1. Saturday and Sunday my mind was filled with important words. I don't know which ones to study more closely and attempt to live by first. Eeny, meeny, miny, moe will have to suffice.

2. You. Are. Brilliant. -- A friend of mine said those words to me the other day. Not because I needed a boost or a pep talk. And not because I was fishing for compliments either. It really stuck with me. Our conversation started playful as we called each other geniuses and nerds and then Friend said you don't believe me? I, being the silly girl that I am, thought we were still teasing and kept my sarcastic tone. And then I received that flattering compliment. What Friend had to say about me next, surprised me. Friend said that I knew the answers to life's questions. I found myself laughing because come on! Me? Not likely. Thoughtful? Sure. Smart? Fine. Brilliant? That's just not me.

Or is it?

It made me think... is the girl I know as Megan the same as the one others know as Megan? Do I see myself the same way others see me? I feel like I'm not wording this right. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I don't think I'm awesome. I'm fabulous, people! But I see myself from a certain perspective, one that only I can see. Others see me from another perspective that I can't see. I think we often look up to other people's examples and try to be more like them. Maybe, what we don't realize is that they are looking up to our examples, trying to be more like us. Well, if I had realized that before, maybe I wouldn't have done this, or that. Shrug. No regrets. Only lessons learned.

3. Yoga is soooo much awesome!

4. Rainy days are for Jack Johnson. I heard the pitter patter on my window this morning and it was the only thing that got me out of bed. I love rain. So much more than snow. I looked out my window and saw... hail? What? Hm.... Whatev. It works. My feet were wet all day. For some reason I didn't mind.

5. Did you know there's a reason they call it "snail mail"? Why didn't you tell me? No worries, I now know.

6. I'm only 29 pages into The Bridge At Andau and can I just say that IT TOTALLY ROCKS!

7. Wanna know a secret? Me too. But SOMEONE won't tell me. Cough. Laney. Ahem.

Song of the day.
"Wait. They don't love you like I love you." It's bobbing around my head.

3 comments:

~Whitney~ said...

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
OXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
OXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX
OXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXXOXOXO
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXO
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Karlene said...

Uhm, yes. What Whitney said.

ElleDee said...

diddo!

Copyright @ Megan | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger | Distributed by Deluxe Templates