Canyon

Six of us went long boarding/scootering down Provo canyon tonight. Oh, the beauty. There was a fire at Bridal Veil. (Don't worry, we didn't start from that far up.) Made me miss my brother.

We decided to form ourselves into a gang. The long board/scooter gang of Provo canyon. We pretty much owned that mountain tonight.

We seemed to just glide down the paved path at a comfortable speed. Fast enough for the feeling of freedom to sink in. Slow enough to look around and really see my surroundings.

Rain. The only thing that could have made it better. Just one of those light sprinkles that lightly mist your face and make the rocks smell like summer. There's something different about the world on summer nights. It makes my brain ponder. It makes my heart race. It makes my soul feel connected to something bigger. Nature.

Sprinklers. We found some. She and I ran through them while the others watched in hidden envy.

1 comments:

Karlene said...

So, you're talking about scooting down a bike path or something, right? NOT ON THE MAIN ROAD WITH THE CARS? RIGHT? RIGHT????

Okay, now that I've had my mother's panic moment, it sounds absolutely lovely. I'm jealous. :)

Copyright @ Megan | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger | Distributed by Deluxe Templates