The complexities of the human mind are intriguing.

Thoughts. Why? Why does one person think this way and another the opposite? Why does one person act this way and the other the opposite?

I am intrigued by others' minds. And lately mine as well.

Sometimes I forget to think. I slip back into old habits of just existing and speaking and doing and breathing. I forget to think about it. I forget to think about the people around me and paying attention to their facial expressions, and body language and tone. I forget empathy. I forget service and selflessness and fall back on my childish routines of selfish acts.

But then sometimes I do remember. And I think about every little thing before I do it. And then I look at the results of my actions and I learn and grow from it.

Curious question that has been dancing around my head for some time. On a daily basis, are your thoughts words? Are they sentences that tie together as if you are having a conversation with yourself? Or are they perhaps pictures and smells and memories? Or do your thoughts even have a form? Do they float around in your head like spirits: unseen, unheard, yet their presence is still felt. Somehow. Do they brace up against your cheek, light as a feather, until you find the words to voice them? Do your opinions and beliefs surprise you when you finally put them into words to speak to someone. Do you find yourself thinking, "I didn't realize I actually felt that way. I just said it. It must be true on some subconscious level."

On an unrelated topic, I'm beginning to believe that there is no such thing as chance. I believed this on some level before, but now this belief is stronger. Everything happens for a reason. Everything. I think we question things about life, the world, ourselves, and life has a way of bringing the answers to us in unexpected ways. But it's not just life that gives us answers. It's something much larger and more powerful than life.

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Megan, you always, always make me think and ponder things I never thought about before. You are truly an inspiration.

Dapoppins said...

Often, I don't think, I just do. But, if it isn't the just doing...I think like I am writing...or even blogging. But there is always a deep difference between what I feel and what I am.

Feelings pass...what and who I am is more solid...

great thoughtful post!

Anonymous said...

I like your style of writing a lot.

I don't know if I think nothing is up to chance, but there are a lot of coincidences that happen in life that seem to be a bit more. Maybe it depends on how we deal with the situation that makes it feel that way or not.

Copyright @ Megan | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger | Distributed by Deluxe Templates