Our hopes and expectations

Today was supposed to be a good day. It was for a while. Then I started thinking.

When I graduated high school I had plans. Go to college, move out, see the world.

I dropped out of college. I didn't move out. I'm not seeing the world.

All these things I have been fine with so far. I actually enjoy telling people I'm a college dropout. I usually get a high-five.

Everything I've tried to accomplish since high school graduation has pretty much blown up in my face.

It was all beyond my control. But I still feel like a failure.

Can't help it.

On a brighter side, there's this guy who likes me even though I can't seem to do anything right. Makes me really happy. Also, SCARES THE CRAP OUT OF ME.

Song

I feel better now.

4 comments:

~Whitney~ said...

Everyone has to learn sooner or later that life is really just a series of choices followed by consequences. Some are positive and some are negative. The trick is to learn from them and move on. You've heard me say many times "it seemed like a good idea at the time". As long as you're breathing in and out and take a positive attitude about learning from your consequences you're doing GREAT! Pick up the pieces and go do what you want to do. YOU CAN DO WHATEVER YOU WANT. IT'S HARD WORK. BUT YOU CAN DO IT!

Sandra said...

What Whitney said, plus a guy that likes you no matter what? That is a good day.

Anonymous said...

My plans when I was your age -Go to college, move out, see the world.

How it happened:

I never finished college.
I moved out when I got married.
I get to see the world afresh every day through my childrens' eyes.

I wouldn't change a thing.

Karlene said...

Ditto to everyone. Love Summer's comment especially because I can say, me too.

If you get out of bed, that's a good day. Anything better than that is just gravy. :)

Copyright @ Megan | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger | Distributed by Deluxe Templates