I'm going there someday

I went to the Draper Temple Open House yesterday.

We drove around it a few times to take some pictures.

What shade of blue would you say the sky was? My opinion: Glorious Blue. Coming soon to a Crayola box near you. (ha?)

Seriously, the weather lately has been splendid. As long as the sun is out, I'm happy.


I was so excited to see it. I can't even describe it. It was breathtakingly beautiful. If you're in the area, I suggest going to see it.


In certain rooms there are hand painted murals on the walls. They reminded me of Grandpa Ross. Made me think of some of his paintings I've seen. Which sent me into a whirlwind of thoughts and memories. I have a memory of going to church with Gpa Ross and Gma Lyn. (Maybe a cousin's mission farewell/homecoming? Not sure. It's fuzzy.) I remember sitting next to my wonderful grandparents. Grandpa had doodled on the program. Trees, mountains, rivers, bears, deer. I remember watching the way he held the pen and let it outline the figures. Easily guiding it to create beauty. I sat in awe at how quickly and gracefully he created a landscape. If you asked me who my favorite artist is, my answer would most likely be Ross Davis.



Thinking about him made me think of Lyn. (Well, that or the fact that I was wearing her shoes.) How much I miss her. All my memories of her are from my childhood and early teen years. I wish I could know her and see her through my new "big kid" lenses. But as I was walking through those rooms with handcrafted furniture and original artwork, I felt her smiling down on me. I felt her arms wrap me up into a tight, warm hug. That's special to me.

On the way back, we stopped at the store. And by "we" I mean me, the boy, and the china man.

Side note: the china man=one of the coolest persons I've ever met. We found cool sunglasses and decided to take pictures.

The end.

7 comments:

Karlene said...

Temple looks lovely. Glad you got to spend a sec with your Grandma Lyn. She was/IS an amazing woman who influenced so many people for good. :)

McKenna Gordon said...

I love grandma. I love grandpa. I love you. I even love Kendall. And, I suppose, Mr. Fu, too.

Erika said...

I miss grandma so much. I also remember sitting next to grandpa in church and having him draw all over the sacrament meeting programs. I wish I would've kept one of them. :)

Erika said...

Oh and he also used to push my cuticles up during church too...did he do that to you? :)

Megan said...

Erika. YES. I forgot all about that! Oh, grandpa. =)

Larsens said...

We are taking all the YM and YW tomorrow night to the open house. Even Jorge is coming. Did you hear that he is getting baptised on March 7th at 1pm.

Dapoppins said...

I like the tags on the glasses best...and your pictures of the Temple are just...majestic....and and and YOU CHANGED YOUR HEADER.

see. I do notice stuff.

Copyright @ Megan | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger | Distributed by Deluxe Templates