The most glorious culinary creation since cheese

Also known as Tim Tams. A Tim Tam is an Australian chocolate biscuit. Being as this is quite possibly your first experience with this wonderful treat, I think it's only fitting that I tell you my first experience. You see, me and Tim Tams? We go way back. Not really. We only met just months ago but it seems like it's been ages. Let's see, where to begin?

I suppose it starts with that cute boy from up the street. He had just returned from living in Australia for approximately 2 years (heh heh), and he decided to ask ME out on a DATE. I was surprised, but accepted the invitation without hesitation. The evening was quite enjoyable, filled with tasty food and pleasant conversation, ending with the viewing of one of my favorite movies along with much laughter and fun. But I digress.

Or, at least I thought the evening was ending. Little did I know that the tastiest part of the evening was just around the corner.

After the movie ended, this boy anounced that there was one last part of the date. We all made our way into the kitchen and he reached into the freezer and pulled out a package. It looked a lot like this:

He also pulled out some Milo and mugs. He announced that we would be having a Tim Tam Slam. Now, before I get ahead of myself, let's take a closer look at something here.

That's right, my friends. It says, "The most irresistible chocolate biscuit". And as you can see in this picture, there is great truth in that statement.

Moving on. A Tim Tam Slam goes a little something like this. Take a biscuit and nibble off opposite corners. Dip the Tim Tam into a steaming mug of Milo, place your lips on one corning and suck out the chocolate center like a straw. A fairly adequate demonstration can be found here.

And there you have it. The most glorious culinary creation since cheese. Why post about Tim Tams, you ask? I'll tell you why. Because I got my very own package of Tim Tams for V-day, that's why. I'm a lucky girl.

Have you ever had one before?


P.S. Some awesomeness to share with you.

First, oh my goodness.

Second, Rainn Wilson loves me. He told me about this. "I'm her mom... no she's not..." But I think the end is my favorite. "I have to go potty!!! Zoom down to his feet... PSSSSSSSSSS."

9 comments:

Larsens said...

Obviously you haven't tasted my pickled herring in mustard sauce.

~Whitney~ said...

Yous Twos are in charge of Dessert next family dinner! (Dunno about Milo, but you can get Tim Tams at the new Smiths Marketplace in Highland--my friend eats them daily)

Sandra said...

Brandi and I are laughing sooo hard over those kittens!!

Gretchen Alice said...

I have always wondered what a Tim Tam was, so thanks for the explanation! Related: YUM.

Dapoppins said...

You know I am all for chocolate!

I have heard of these treats. And their glorious perfection.

I have never seen a real one, however.

AND I did not know what Milo was...I was thinking "WHAT? Milo and Otis?"

But it is chocolate milk, or something.

Dapoppins said...

Why are they in the freezer? Are they ice cream?

Megan said...

They just taste better cold. Yes, Milo is kind of like chocolate milk. It's a little more like a protein drink.

Karlene said...

So, do Tim Tams come in a sugar free version?

No. I didn't think so.

Darn!

Karlene said...

Finally watched the kitten video. Hilarious!

Now, if you'd said something about that instead of just putting the link, I'd prolly have watched it sooner-er.

Copyright @ Megan | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger | Distributed by Deluxe Templates