Where?


Everywhere. I want to see everything. I want to experience it all. I want to embark on a great adventure with no strings and nothing to hold me back. Float from city to city, town to town, country to country. Middle of nowhere. I want to see it. More than that I want to learn it. New countries, cultures, languages, faces. I want to explore every inch of this world before I leave it.

I want to read a book on a bench in a park in Paris. I want to stand on a bridge in Germany and look out across the city and just breathe it in. I want to stand at the top of a mountain and announce to the world that I am on top of it. I want to go for a run in Greece or Italy and get lost and see my surroundings like the natives. I want to go to Australia and hang out with some kangaroos. I want to go to Asia and be still, watching all the busy people walk by and wonder where they are going in such a hurry. I want to learn about the different cultures in the world and begin to understand them the best way an outsider could.

I have so many questions about the world and the people who live in it. I want to learn about people and cultures and religions and what makes people the way they are. I want to know what influence a persons culture has on their outlook on life. I have so many questions and I feel the only way they can be answered is if I go. Get up now, without waisting another second, and just find out for myself.

I want to post about a foreign country and have the pictures be taken by me. I want to see the world in my own way. Without a plan. No tours. No schedule. Just go. Just experience for myself. Is it naive of me to think it's a good idea? The dangers of the world and it's inhabitants make me hesitant. I want to see yet be unseen. Unnoticed.

This is a Bio-Poem I wrote in September. With small updates.

Because Organized Thoughts Just Wouldn’t Make Sense

Humorous, perplexing, sincere, nonchalant
Daughter of Karlene, Jim, Craig and Whitney - sister to Ken, Steve, Chris, Bump, Muln, and Ellebelle - and favorite aunty to Carter and Rayder
Who loves Sunday afternoons with my family, laughing with close friends, and listening to, singing, playing, and creating music
Who feels the need of serenity, simplicity, silliness, and security in everyday life
Who gives somewhat-useful advice and support, service to those in need, and all I can to make a difference in a life no matter how small
Who fears the the web-spinners in my room will someday consume my soul, the loss of loved ones, and feelings of insufficiency
Who would like to see every inch of this world on my own terms and in my own way, those close to me become the people I see glimmers of sparkling in their eyes, and two amazing people who earth lost in 2005
Resident of infinite worth and possibilities
Megan Davis

7 comments:

Sandra said...

Your posts always take my breath away with their amazing insight and depth.

And I think it would be great to go to Australia- my brother and his wife live there.

McKenna Gordon said...

This was great :)

Me, Myself, and I said...

Hi. I just stumbled onto your blog tonight and I totally love your sense of humor! You have a gift with words. The Hinckley challenge sounds cool, too. Thanks for doing it so I could find out about it. My sister and I read the BOM in 2 months last year. Guess it's time to do it again!

Karlene said...

Sounds like it's time for a road trip...

Anonymous said...

can i go with you?

-Dad

Anonymous said...

you are definitely moms daughter. you gypsy you. :) xoxoxoxo
-mel

Anonymous said...

you are definitely moms daughter. you gypsy you. :) xoxoxoxo
-mel

Copyright @ Megan | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger | Distributed by Deluxe Templates