Busy

Is there time to breathe now? Can I come out? Is it safe? I've been cooped up in this place of hectic responsibilities for so long it seems. It's dark here and they've locked me up in a small room. Hugging my legs in frantic despair, I sit crouched in the corner, waiting for sunlight and calm.

Oh, world of nothing, how I've missed you! Tomorrow is Friday and we can romp like children at the beach. There will be no schedules or responsibilities and life will be simply stress-free. Oh, beautiful, frivolous Friday! I've been waiting for you! You shine like 70 degrees in January. I thought you'd never come.

Soon, Friday, you will pass. Along with our dear friends Saturday and Sunday. I will be left with cold and lonely weekdays until summer comes and I can once again feel the sun applying blush to my already rosy cheeks. Summer and I can sit in a hammock and read old favorites and lose track of the time. And days. We can adventure like wild beasts, discovering new lives and possibilities along the way.

I wait for you, summer. I anticipate your warmth and freedom. For all those times you've lingered, giving my bare feet warm sidewalks and wet sand, I thank you. The sweetest gift. I wait. Patiently?

"If the day and the night are such that you greet them with joy, and life emits a fragrance like flowers and sweet-scented herbs, is more elastic, more starry, more immortal, -- that is you success. All nature is your congratulation, and you have cause momentarily to bless yourself. The greatest gains and values are farthest from being appreciated. We easily come to doubt if they exist. We soon forget them. They are the highest reality.... The true harvest of my daily life is somewhat as intangible and indescribable as the tints of morning or evening. It is a little star-dust caught, a segment of the rainbow which I have clutched."
~Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Song of the day: "I Feel the Earth Move" by Carole King

2 comments:

Karlene said...

You should be a writer. That was wonderful.

McKenna Gordon said...

CUTE :)

Copyright @ Megan | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger | Distributed by Deluxe Templates