I'm going to China!

I didn't want to post anything earlier this week without being able to give you good news. But I'm going! I got an email this afternoon from ILP, accepting me for the Spring 2009 semester which means I will leave sometime in January or February and returning in June.

Now, I still need to fill out a 15 page document and make a payment in order to officially reserve my spot so I still don't know exact dates. But. I've been accepted! And I'm so excited!

I'm excited to meet my students and fall in love with them. I'm excited to teach them and learn from them. I'm excited to take pictures of everything I see and blog about my entire experience. I'm excited to explore. I'm about to live my dream. I'm excited for everything. I'm excited to just crash and burn while I'm teaching because... (sigh)... I don't speak Mandarin. I'm excited to learn more about myself and the world. And cultures. And people. And history. Everything. Learn. Grow. Discover. Accomplish. Live. Laugh. Love. Ardently.

6 comments:

Karlene said...

I ardently love you, sweetie pie. I'm so excited for you. China will be a blast. :)

Sandra said...

Oh, so cool. You are going to love it and China is going to love you!

Erika said...

Wow! That's so exciting. It happened so fast.

Natasha Ireland said...

GOOD FOR YOU. I am soooo happy you are doing that.

Me, Myself, and I said...

Congratulations! I have a friend in China with the Peace Corps. There are some interesting things to deal with. She can still blog, so you better keep everyone updated :)

Larsens said...

So exciting. Just don't drink milk, or eat candy, and you will be fine.

Copyright @ Megan | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger | Distributed by Deluxe Templates