Things

So I'm a college student. Yep. I go to college. I learn. Lalala. Nothing too special about that.

Things I am happy about right now:
  • Pretty sure I'm getting "a little kitty kiiitty". You basically just have to hear me say that.
  • I'm enjoying school, and the knowledge I get from it. Like the other day, in my Interpersonal Communications class, we were learning about relationships. There are different kinds you see. Like, I-It (generally consist of strangers, maybe a server. Someone you don't treat like an individual, they are just there), I-You (most of your friends/acquaintances. You recognize them as an individual), and I-Thou (basically your family and best friends, you know their hopes and dreams and they know yours). I had a job interview. The guy treated me like an "It". Well, I didn't appreciate that. So I don't care if they give me the job.
  • I'm making many new friends. People from school. People from church. People I like. People who like me. Friends.
  • I filled out a Passport Application. I'm not entirely sure where I'm going. Or when. That's why I'm getting a passport now. How about we put a vote on it? When you get the chance go here, here, and here. Pick your favorite and tell me why. And please! Comments mean a lot to me and so does your opinion! Also, if you know of any other programs along these lines, I'm interested!
  • Took my first test today, I really think I did well. I'll let ya know.
  • I have two job interviews this week/next week. Woo!
  • I put bed risers on my bed. I feel like a princess.
Things I am unhappy about:
  • Some friends seem to be disappearing out of my life. Some seem to be popping in every once in a while. Teasing me. They love me, they love me not. Please make up your minds. It's hard not knowing if you'll be around or not.
  • I don't get to read as much as I want. I mean novels. Those beautiful stories I hunger for. Last night I was talking to some friends about books and movies. Before this conversation, I considered myself relatively well-read. Ooh-ho-hoh no. I was sadly mistaken. It made me desperately want to sit and read for days. Not so I could catch up to them in their knowledgeable ways. They talked so highly of classics like Moby Dick and Crime and Punishment. Jane Eyre and Persuasion. All books I've wanted to read but just haven't had the time.
  • I saw a really big scary spider in my room yesterday. No really. This one was really bad. Like, huge. I'm not exaggerating this time. Ew. I'm unhappy about this because I think he was in the mafia. So he probably has friends. Who are his size. ACK!
Things I've been thinking about:
  • I have this one friend who seems to read me like a book. I don't even know him that well. Maybe he's just really that perceptive, or maybe I wear my heart on my sleeve but he knows when I'm not myself. Also, every time I talk to him, he says something that is a huge answer to a question bobbing around in my soul. On any other day, if he said what he did, it would be nothing special. Wouldn't think twice about it. But the other day a simple, "You are awesome, thanks for being yourself" was a big deal to me.
  • I'm friends with these two people (the ones I was talking books with as I mentioned earlier). They are brother and sister. They have an awesome relationship. I can't really put my finger on what makes their relationship so interesting to me. They're best friends. The word patience comes to mind. It makes me wonder what their childhood was like together. What drew these two siblings together instead of others in their family? Or is their entire this close with each other?
  • There's nothing wrong with being yourself. Even if it makes other people unhappy. Especially if it makes other people unhappy. I learned this again. I won't change who I am because someone doesn't like it. What I like, or what I don't. What I do or don't do. What I believe in. And I believe in a lot of things. Possibly a whole post's worth.
  • Also, I think it's very fashionable to wear your heart on your sleeve. Maybe you get hurt more but you learn, grow, and become a lot more too.
The end.

Song of the day.
Favorite moments:
"Are your friends really your friends?
Are you still waiting for the end of the day?
Hey, hey, when will you learn to love what's sent from up above?
...
But it's a facade like the sky, like the moon, like your eyes
...
Oh, I wish I had someone.
Who would want you as you are?
What can you give they couldn't get from someone else?
What life of ease, what wedding bells, what pretty stones, what precious wealth?
...
It's called a come on, come on, come on baby
Does your heart echo like a hall
'Cause there's no one there at all"

6 comments:

Erika said...

I was SO close to doing my student teaching in China through ILP. I don't even remember what fell through but for some reason I didn't end up going (maybe that's when I started dating Jarom!). I remember being very excited to go.

I also think the hope for orphans (IFRE) would be extremely rewarding. How awesome would it be to love little babies that have no one there for them. I would imagine it would be very emotional to leave them when the time came.

Erika said...

Oh and here's a blog of my friend's sister who is currently teaching English to kiddos in China through ILP...

http://picklesinchina.blogspot.com/

Sandra said...

My sister-in-law taught English as a second language in China and loved it. For me, though, I would love to go to Guatamala- the Book of Mormon lands. How cool would that be? But in the end, I think any of them would be a great opportunity.

Karlene said...

I'm supposed to help you pick someplace thousands of miles away from me? That's like asking which arm I'd prefer to have cut off! I can't do it.

But I will be brave and support you after you choose.

And the spider? This time Megan is not exaggerating.

Me, Myself, and I said...

Ok - kinda off topic, but I noticed this when looking at the ILP site.

I have this weird thing. If some product or service advertises that it's better because of "LDS values", I get turned off from it. It's like they're saying that it's better because it's mormon. I'm mormon and proud of it, but we don't have a monopoly on good values. Not to mention that there are plenty of bad mormons out there.

I actually did read through the rest of it too. Looking at cost and the potential experience, I'd go with IFRE. It's inexpensive and you'll probably learn more of the language that way (if that's a goal for you).

Larsens said...

You know how I feel about any of those places. But you need to experience them yourself and have your own eyes opened. Good luck what/which ever you choose.

It is getting cold outside=spiders move inside.

Copyright @ Megan | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger | Distributed by Deluxe Templates