This blog is about to get really personal

A lot has happened within the past little while. I'll tell the story after I say this.

I've been thinking lately about the things I post on this blog and why I leave some parts of my life out. A part of me believes that there are certain things in life that are just too personal to share with other people and that those other people might not want to hear that part. I still believe that, but on the other hand I've come to the conclusion that whoever doesn't want to hear it, doesn't have to read. "It", in this context, is defined as everything that goes on in my life that I have something to say about, yet I leave it out of the blog. Main topics that fall under this category are my dating life and my spiritual and church life. So from now on, I Go There. If I feel like writing about those things (or anything else for that matter) I will. If I don't feel like it, I wont. The end. =)

So here is the story. I'm sick. Don't know what it is yet, therefore don't know how to fix it yet. Because of this, teaching in China is being postponed until we know what's going on and I get back on my feet. Making that decision is at the top of my list of hardest things I've ever had to do in my life this far. Right up there next to saying goodbye to Sam. (OH MY GOSH I SAID HIS NAME ON THE INTERNET. =) Hahaha!) Where was I? Oh yeah. China is postponed until future notice. Overall, I'm okay with that. (Although, I'm sure you'll hear me whining about this soon enough.)

School is on hold too. I withdrew from classes yesterday. So, for now, I'm omitting all stress from my life, and focusing on getting healthy. I'm keeping my part-time job. The plan is, as I get better I'll ease into life again. Whether it's China, college, massage therapy school, cello lessons, or Hogwarts. Seriously, the possibilities are endless. And I'm looking at ALL the possibilities. =)

I'm taking this time, not only to heal, but to also:
  • enjoy the cherished company of my lovely family
  • laugh hysterically with my crazy awesome friends
  • learn what it is I was put in this world to do and figure out how to do it
  • help out with the high school lacrosse team I started last year (Ran into Coach T today. And by "ran into" I mean that I went to the high school to see her. She doesn't have an assistant coach yet and wants me. I'm thinking, why not? If I'm feeling up to it, it will make me feel like less of a loser. I love lacrosse.)
  • listen to the music note residing on my heart and do what it tells me to do
  • the possibilities are endless... =) any ideas? (That means comment on this post, please.)
I wrote this last night, "Question for thought... Today I did some of the hardest things I've ever had to do, withdrawing from school and deciding to postpone China, so why is it that I'm happier right now than I have been in days? Weeks even?"

Could it be the stress relief? The empowering love and support I've received from family and friends? Actually making progress in some direction instead of just spinning wheels? Gratitude? Hope? I think it's a mixture of all.

Dear Family,

Thank you.

Love, Megan

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're so sick Megan. I hope you can figure out what's going on soon so you can start healing.

Dapoppins said...

Oh sweetie.

Get well.

Get well and go change the world.

And after your done with that....?

Maybe make cookies.

I quite enjoyed your positive outlook on dealing with these surprises in your life, and trusting God while you roll with the waves.

Me, Myself, and I said...

Being sick sucks. Life after high school is really stressful. Your body might just be reacting to that stress. It takes a lot of courage to make the decisions you have made.

Just from your blog, I can tell that you are a strong, kind, and generally awesome person. I would be proud to call you my friend. You'll get through this. You will figure out what's wrong and be able to deal with it. And, with Heavenly Father's guidance, you will discover the best path for you. Meanwhile, you will be in my prayers.

Natasha Ireland said...

Good Luck on the getting better thing friend. and while your looking at ALL options...and I see Massage school is one of them...I must say that I think it's a FAB FAB FAB choice. I worked there you know for 4 years and could not resist going myself , even though I started w/ NO intentions of ever becoming a MT. The Education is IMPECIBLE and for me it is fullfilling my need for a great education while also serving as a vehicle for a GREAT SERVICE to others, which I love. Call me anytime to talk details.

Sandra said...

Oh, pick Hogwarts. They have this really cool infermary where they can make you all better with just a few potions and a little rest.

And next time you come to "run into" coach T? come up to my office and say hi, k?

Larsens said...

I didn't know you were sick. I'm sorry to hear that. Get better and relax. You have been so busy. Take it easy and enjoy life.

Karlene said...

Megan, you are a total inspiration to me. Really. You've faced this illness head on and refused to let it beat you. You've persisted and insisted on enjoying life as much as your body will let you and I so admire that. You are my idol. :)

Copyright @ Megan | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger | Distributed by Deluxe Templates