My heart's music note

During the past couple of weeks I have felt inspired. Inspired by music and events. I want to create something that will have the same effect on others as she or they (or most recently, they) have had on me. (And I thank Steve Vistaunet for introducing me to all via you.) I have this increased desire to write music. Small problem with that... I have no idea how. I suppose fooling around with chords on the piano and guitar will get me somewhere?

I'm afraid that if I do try to write something, it will just be a generic, inexpressive bore. One of those silly songs that teenage girls (myself included) sing in the car on the way to the mall to like, shop. I don't want to be cheese. I want to make something more than that. Something real. Don't know where to start.

I feel like there's something inside of me, trying to get out. There's a song or two deep in my fingers, waiting to escape. I can't describe this feeling. I picture it as a little music note that has appeared on the surface on my heart. I know it's there is because it whispers to me, "Write me, write me. Turn me into a melody. Play me. Sing me. I need to be heard."

Lyrics shouldn't be a problem for me. I have pages and pages of things I've written that could become lyrics. But they just don't fit. They aren't what the music note on my heart needs to become. So I ask, "What are your words, little music note? What are your sounds? What is your melody? What is your rhythm? What is your message?"

Thoughts? Suggestions? Words of encouragement? I have the want, but do I have the ability? The knowledge?

PS: I'm buying this. I need it.

4 comments:

~Whitney~ said...

I think u need some more inspiration! Steve stopped by (too shy to comment-odd, I know) he is collecting MORE for you. I will deliver more inspiratin to you next week.
loves n' hugs

ElleDee said...

I feel the EXACT same way.
about music, like something needs to get out but it won't and everything you try just doens't fit. I definetly know how you feel

Karlene said...

What's wrong with cheese? I like cheese.

Just keep listening to that little note. It will tell you its secrets eventually.

Anonymous said...

Well I certainly know this feeling. That's when I sit at the piano and stare at it intently, hoping that when I touch the keys the song in my heart will miraculously play itself out in perfect order. But no, usually the mood is dampened by my fudging through, trying to create. But it will come, eventually.

Copyright @ Megan | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger | Distributed by Deluxe Templates