Thoughts

As homework is being procrastinated, I ponder on a few things...
  1. Learning is the beginning of learning. Infants learn routine, habits, emotion, etc. Children learn right and wrong, basic skills, and so on. Adults continually relearn all that has been learned. Daily activities teach routine and habits. Experiences teach emotion and right vs. wrong. Learning is an ongoing process. It never ends. I remember thinking that when humans grow up we know everything, we have all the answers. We don't. We never grow up. We grow old, tired, and fragile. But we also grow strong, wise, and entertaining. We never stop learning. The more we learn, the more we realize there is still so much more to learn. This world turns us into curious creatures.
  2. We are all of infinite worth. Why don't we treat ourselves that way? Why don't we demand the respect we deserve?
  3. A friend, no matter how far away, is still a friend. A friend who is able to give counsel and who also needs some in return.
  4. Monotony.
  5. Memories with Grandma Lyn. Spaghetti noodles with butter, a massive yellow fridge with my picture on it, a grand piano, a wooden T.V., an old fashioned telephone, detailed journals, a table hanging from the ceiling, her favorite songs, homemade bread, and a grandfather clock to sing me to sleep. I'm missing the pink lipstick stains on her teeth and her sweet voice of reason. I fear that my aspirations to reach her level of angelic example will become my shortcomings.
  6. Can something great replace something outstanding? What about multiple somethings great?
  7. Why Heath?

3 comments:

Karlene said...

I love #6. Love the way you say it. Been contemplating some of that myself lately.

I've also been thinking a bit on #1 and #2 too.

Anonymous said...

so....first thing first. when did you learn to write like this? my oh my megan. :) very good is all i can say. THEN second...#7? i was so impressed with your deep thoughts and then that popped out and i started laughing because i could hear your thought process in my head. :) love you

-Melanie

Erika said...

I loved reading your memories of Grandma Lyn. Ha...I forgot about noodles with butter! I love reading her journals and I don't know that any of us will reach her angelic level...she sure left us a lot to live up to.

Copyright @ Megan | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger | Distributed by Deluxe Templates