One of those days (in fortunately, unfortunately form)

Fortunately, I only took a five minute shower which means I had time to do my hair.

Unfortunately, I got hungry so no make-up.

Fortunately, I was ready to leave for school 10 minutes earlier than I normally do just in case there was a storm.

Unfortunately, there was a storm.

Fortunately, it wasn't the kind of storm that creates an inch of ice on one's windshield.

Unfortunately, I got stuck in the snow.

Fortunately, I got out.

Unfortunately, the garbage dumpster still needed to be taken out to the street.

Fortunately, it was easy.

Unfortunately, I got stuck in the snow when I pulled over to take the garbage out.

Fortunately, I found a shovel.

Unfortunately, I fell whilst digging myself out.

Fortunately, I only fell once.

Unfortunately, I got stuck in the snow three more times on my way to school.

Fortunately, I got there in one piece.

Unfortunately, I was 30 minutes late to class.

Fortunately, writing Cinquains, Haikus, and Tonka poems is therapeutic.

Unfortunately, the bell rang and woke me from my word daydream.

Fortunately, I have been recently inspired.

Unfortunately, there is still snow outside.

Fortunately, someone cares.

Unfortunately, some idiot drove past the house with a giant shovel forcing ALL the snow to pile up three feet along the road making it perfectly impossible for my little Lola Belle to pull in to the driveway or the side of the road.

Fortunately, someone else offered to let me borrow her car. (Thank you, again.)

Unfortunately, there's still snow everywhere.

Fortunately, with a little clean up here and there with my new best friend Mr. Shovel, I got out of the driveway.

Unfortunately, I left my tennis shoes at home on my way to lacrosse.

Fortunately, I wasn't late and an intense workout with some nice girls made everything better.

Unfortunately, I find myself having moments like these all too often.

Fortunately, the little good things that make me happy in life add up. Like, family, friends, lacrosse, writing, reading, singing, dancing, twirling, laughing, smiling, coloring, doodling, music, etc. . . and they always make up for all the bad.

2 comments:

Karlene said...

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. You make it sound so funny now, but I know it was miserably awful for you yesterday. But that's the good thing about being a writer--even your worst days give you something to write about. Love you.

McKenna Gordon said...

I'm going to make these fortunately/unfortunately posts a habit. I love them. I'm sorry you had a sucky day. I got stuck in the snow that same day too but FORTUNATELY (haha) I didn't need a shovel.

Copyright @ Megan | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger | Distributed by Deluxe Templates