Poetry

My creative writing class has inspired me to write about some things I haven't been able to write about in the past. When a feeling or situation is still fresh, it's hard to put into words. I don't expect any of this to make sense. It's part of my resolution to break down my wall. Here's a few Teach liked:

Untitled
like a Star from the sky
shines.
like a waltz from my memory
the smoke settles and I see.
nothing.
it hit so hard.
the lies.
alibis.
singularity.
it's so lonely here.
it is so cold.
you were so cold.
taste of
cold cinnamon.
winter.
did you get it all
out of your system?
I didn't know.
that night I couldn't breathe.
rebuilt trust
but winter came.
the rock left.
my perfect rock.

A Cinquain
writing
feeds comfort
indefinite happiness occurs
world to be created
therapy

Parting
maps maps
where?
this is
taking too long.
blobs on a page
countries
inches away
January sees Tears
just like September
and July.
a foreign language his
ancestors knew.
a book called Konyve
the North Atlantic
help him forget
meanwhile,
every song
laugh
letter
every moment
helps me
remember.
maps.

thankful
something to be said
of a Man who died for sin
oh, how glorious.
a lonely daughter. we all
need something to believe in.


In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning...
more.
more sugar.
for my...
to make me
crazy!
like now.
inside the heater.
what?
goodbye.

You could guess what these are about. And you might be right. Meaning is... personal. Excuse me if my thoughts create an awkward or uncomfortable atmosphere. Imagine how I feel spilling my guts for the world to see. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Wow, Megan. These are amazing.

Karlene said...

You've got some absolutely wonderful imagery here. I love them. I also love spilled guts.

Copyright @ Megan | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger | Distributed by Deluxe Templates