Some news

We were supposed to be going to Mel's to play some beans. But I guess he couldn't wait any longer.

I started to get suspicious when he took a different route than usual and when he missed the last turn to my sister's I knew something was up. I asked him where we were going. With a goofy smile he said, "I don't know! I really meant to turn left there." Then he turned right. Towards the temple.

My heart sunk. And I got all nervous. I didn't say another word, but I put a playlist of some of our favorite songs on the stereo. We smiled at each other, both knowing exactly what was about to happen.

We got out of his truck and before I knew it, he had gotten down on one knee and asked me to marry him.

It wasn't extravagant or sappy. But that's not really our style after all.

There's a lot to do before he leaves to Texas for a summer job. He'll be back in August. We're thinking September 19. I'm already making lists of to-dos and searching magazines and websites for wedding plans. And I couldn't be more thrilled.

Expect future posts to be filled with wedding stuff.

8 comments:

L said...

Are you serious??? Congratulations!!! I can't wait to hear more details!!!

Me, Myself, and I said...

Congratulations!!!! :D Saw that one coming!

Erika said...

Oh my goodness!!! How exciting! Congratulations. You know if you move the wedding up to June then I can be there! Come on, you know you want to...that gives you plenty of time. :)

Larsens said...

That's going to be a looooong summer without him. Are you sure you want to wait that long? Congratulations Meg! We are so excited for you.

Karlene said...

I'm taking book on whether he'll make it to Texas for the summer. Right now, odds are running 10 to 1 that's he'll get a job here locally.

Natasha Ireland said...

CONGRATS!!!! Soooo exciting. PS. James is recruting for summer sales and I'm PRETTY SURE there's a PROVO OFFICE...just to throw it out there. Love ya

Sandra said...

I knew it as soon as your mom said she had news she couldn't blog about so I needed to CALL HER (that's the way she said it to me)

You are so cute together. Love ya. Tell me what I can do to help.

Anonymous said...

How exciting!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!

Copyright @ Megan | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger | Distributed by Deluxe Templates