Happy Birthday Harry Potter and J.K. Rowling!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling (NO SPOILERS!... As long as you steer clear of the links.)
A beautiful ending to my childhood obsession. I tried to make it last as long as I could, especially with this last book. I have the movies to look forward to now. The only spoilers I will give is here and here (links to interviews with J. K. Rowling on the DH and life after the final battle).

Many of the characters surprised me with their strength and such. I loved seeing how it all wrapped up. I loved growing up with these kids. I feel like they are my best friends.


Hermione is, in the words of Ronald Weasley, "bloody brilliant". I secretly want to have her brains.


I want to be Luna Lovegood. She's so naive but she's not an idiot. (Is that possible?) She is someone I can see myself meeting and being good friends with.


On second thought, I'm Ginny. Ginny has got it all. She is so hard core. I wont say much more because last time I mentioned anything about the plot in a HP book on here I got more or less chewed out. (Sorry again about that.) I leave it with a woot woot for Ginny Weasley, and for those who have read DH, "There's the silver lining I've been looking for." (:

Woot woot!


I know she is pure evil but I have a special place in my heart for Bellatrix Lestrange. I love to hate her. She is probably my all time favorite villain and she's not even the biggest threat in this story. Actually, if I were an evil witch I would be her.

As for the male species in the final book:

Neville Longbottom proved himself a true Griffindor. That is all I will say because this is a spoiler free post.



Ron. Dear old Ron. He's not the biggest prat in the world after all. Yes, he is a little slow at times but he rocked my socks off. I rather fancy him.


Something must be said of Snape, though I don't know how to say anything without revealing the friend or foe secret. I can't. If you want to know what becomes of Snape you can ask me and I shall reveal my feelings on the greasy, hook-nosed man.



Lastly, Harry. He is brave. In the end he was very selfless and that impressed me. He's a fighter. I hate this no spoiler thing.

At the end of the day, I just wish I were magical. When I first started reading Harry Potter with Mom and Mel, I was so convinced that, come August, I would get a letter. Dumbledore would personally come to my home and convince my parents that J.K. Rowling is a witch whose stories for muggles are really biographies, and that Harry Potter is real and if I decide to go to Hogwarts (well, like, is it even a question?) I will meet him. But sadly, the owl sent to bring me my letter was caught in terrible weather and never made it.

It was a grand adventure and I'm glad I got to be a part of it. Thanks J.K., you're a gem.

5 comments:

Karlene said...

Megan, I think that is the best review of the book I've read yet--and I've read lots. It made me sniffle a little because I remembered all our talks about it. I'm sad it's done.

And, uhmm, actually, the owl did come on your 11th birthday but I sent it away because there's no way I could live a whole school year without you. I'm sorry. Hope I haven't scarred you for life. If you need to make me go on Oprah and tell the world what a terrible and selfish mother I am, I'll go.

Love you.

McKenna Gordon said...

Ron rocks your socks.

Anonymous said...

why does ron rock your socks?-mel

Megan said...

Read book 7 and find out! (: Unless you really want to know... Then I will tell you. But, not here where someone (*cough* Elle) can stumble upon it and know when they wanted to read the book.

Sandra said...

Megan,
Didn't you know the owl lives in a tree across the street from you? You can hear it in the mornings calling for you. I used to listen to it when I would work in the shed. And I heard it just the other day when I was over.

I want to know what you think of Snape. We'll compare. sandyray@milesw.com

Copyright @ Megan | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger | Distributed by Deluxe Templates